Video by: Studio Aton for Hepburn Wind
COMMUNITY POWER HUB BENDIGO
The Bendigo Sustainability Group (BSG) is delighted to have been appointed host for the Community Power Hub Bendigo.
The Victorian Government has committed over a two year period to develop community-owned and operated renewable energy projects in regional areas of Ballarat, Bendigo and the Latrobe Valley through a series of innovative new grants. The aim of the pilot Community Power Hubs (CPH) is to assist the community in accessing the skills and expertise required to develop and deliver community-based renewable energy projects. Visit www.communitypowerhub.com.au (website live very soon) for more overall Power Hub information.
What are we doing?
We will be working with community and local organisations to identify and test the feasibility of community renewable energy projects. Some of the projects we are currently investigating are:
- Rooftop Solar (individual sites <100 kW) Solar PV on larger non‐residential roofs operating “behind the meter”
- Rooftop Solar (individual sites >100 kW) Solar PV on very large commercial and manufacturing roofs operating “behind the meter”
- Solar PV on Low Income Housing to reduce energy poverty and costs to tenants & not-for-profit housing providers
- Small Solar Farm (1 to 10 MW) Ground surface mount solar PV ‐ grid feed or “behind the meter”
- Electric Vehicle Charging – integrated into some of the above projects
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED IN COMMUNITY OWNED RENEWABLE ENERGY?
The CPH want local investors to own and benefit from local clean renewable energy systems. We are currently looking for community members, organisations and businesses who are interested in becoming investors in our community owned renewable energy projects. Register your interest below. When our community owned renewable energy models are ready to be launched, you will be the first to know.
Express interest in being an investor in a local community owned renewable energy project by completing this brief form.
More information & details will be available soon. If you wish to discuss further with the CPH Bendigo team, contact the Project Manager on the details below.
Contact: Chris Corr ph:(03) 5443 5244, email: email@example.com
Community Solar Rooftops
Community Solar Rooftop Projects Open for Donation and/or Investment:
Click here to go to our current, future and past Community Solar Rooftop projects.
Our Community Solar Rooftops (CSR) project provides a great opportunity for members of the community to invest in local renewable energy projects. These projects are expected to deliver better than bank returns whilst helping our region transition to a cleaner energy future!
How does a Community Solar Rooftop project work?
- The Bendigo Sustainability Group as part of the Community Power Hub identifies suitable Roof Host sites – such as businesses or community facilities;
- The BSG may then combine Roof Host sites into a single investment package (this achieves suitable economies of scale and minimises risks) and the BSG manages the installation of the solar systems;
- Community investors fund the solar system by purchasing units (shares) of a Community Solar Rooftop package;
- The Roof Hosts agree to lease the use of their roof to the Community Solar Rooftop project entity, and to purchase the power generated by the system (as well as payment for any grid feed in credits);
- The revenue generated goes back to the community investors as a return of capital and a return on investment for the period of the contract (usually over say 10 years); and
- At the end of the contract period the solar system is handed over to the Roof Hosts at no cost and the investment relationship ends.
We need commercial and other premises with larger roofs and energy demands to become Roof Hosts for the Community Solar Rooftops project.
Express interest below and the team will be in contact with further information: