Looking for more Information on Recycling?
Check out the City of Greater Bendigo website (bendigo.vic.gov.au) and go to General Waste, Recycling and Organics.
Not sure if an item is recyclable – download the RecycleSmart App
There are also Drop Zones for recycling of ewaste (such as computers, printers etc). For a full list of acceptable items and drop off locations visit: dropzone.org.au
At the BSG Office, we are also recycling some products; It’s as easy as 1,2,3!
- Save your item from going into the regular rubbish collection
- Visit the BSG Office at 23a Somerville St, Flora Hill
- Look for the filing cabinet outside the front entrance and place your recycled item in the corresponding drawer
Local Recycling Locations
Oral Hygiene (Can be dropped off at the BSG)
Any brand of used toothpaste tubes, toothbrushes, plastic toothbrush packaging, inter-dental brushes, wisps, pumps, stand up toothpaste bottles and any kind of non-electric toothbrush or toothpaste tube and all affiliated non-recyclable packaging.
Beauty & Personal Care Products (Can be dropped off at the BSG)
- Cosmetics packaging such as used lipstick and lip gloss, mascara, eye shadow, bronzer, foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow, lip liner, and concealer packaging.
- Hair care packaging, such as used shampoo and conditioner bottles and caps, hair gel tubes and caps, hair spray and hair treatment packaging.
- Skin care packaging such as lip balm, face moisturiser, face and body wash soap dispensers and tubes, body and hand lotion dispensers and tubes and shaving foam packaging.
NESCAFE Dolce Gusto capsules (Can be dropped off at the BSG)
In order to recycle this waste stream properly, please make sure your coffee capsules are sealed in a plastic bag or dry before placing them in our collection box. Additionally, if you choose to rinse your product, please note that it must be completely dry prior to being deposited.
Mailing Satchels (Can be dropped off at the BSG)
Australia Post has joined with TerraCycle® to provide a second life for used Prepaid Mailing Satchels and Padded Satchels through the Mailing Satchel Recycling Program.
Don’t forget that soft plastics, including plastic bags can be recycled at Coles & Woolworths Supermarkets. Just look for the Recycle Bins.
Alternatively, anyone who can’t get to a REDcycle drop-off point can post soft plastics to:
38 Chelmsford Street
Williamstown North VIC 3016
Take away Coffee Cups
It is time to stop using take away coffee cups. Purchase a reusable cup to take with you or even better take the time and drink in the cafe from real china or glass. Take away coffee cups are not recyclable in Victoria and their presence in recycling bins can cause a lot of extra waste to be taken to the tip.
Visit Responsible Cafes website to find a cafe that cares about our environment.